FanCon Rules & Policies.
FanCon : Cape Town Comic Con 2016 Policies and Rules
1. Liability. FanCon organisers will not be held liable for any losses or damages incurred by attendees, guests, professionals,
exhibitors, vendors, staff or service personnel should the event in its entirety, or parts thereof, be cancelled.
2. Risk. All participants, including attendees, guests, professionals, exhibitors, vendors, staff or service personnel, attend the
convention at their own risk. FanCon will not be held responsible for any losses, damages, stolen property, or injuries sustained
while attending the convention.
3. Refunds. The cost of tickets purchased online or pre-booked will be refunded by the organisers should the event be cancelled
in its entirety.
4. Guests. Confirmed guests of the convention may cancel their appearance/attendance at any time due to personal or
professional reasons. The organisers will not be held liable for the cancellation of any guests or other invited participants. The
guest profile will be correct at time of publication and any guest cancellation will be updated on this website asap.
5. Weapons. Real weapons and firearms are strictly prohibited. Any weapons that are deemed too realistic may be subject to
inspection by security personnel. Fake weapons as part of a cosplay may not directly be pointed at anyone.
6. Convention badges. All exhibitors, vendors, guests, professionals, convention staff and accredited media must at all times
wear their respective convention badges.
7. Attendee bands. All attendees, those who have purchased tickets, participants who were issued with convention badges, and
children who do not pay for tickets, will be issued with an attendee wrist band to allow access inside and outside the
venue. Wrist bands must be worn at all times.
8.Lost and Found. Lost items may be brought to the organisers office, always check at the organisers office for any items that
you have lost.
9. Pets. No pets or animals allowed, excluding service animals.
10. Liquor. Alcoholic beverages and any illegal substances are prohibited.
11. Consent to photography. Any photographs or video footage of attendees taken by FanCon staff or its affiliates may be used
or published for marketing and promotional purposes.
12. Offensive behaviour. Harassment, solicitation, unruly or otherwise offensive behaviour is prohibited. Persons engaging in
such behaviour, and who after due warning persists in such behaviour, may be ejected without recompense from the venue and
the entire show by security personnel.
13. Cosplay policy. FanCon endorses a "cosplay does not equal consent" policy. The venue is deemed a safe environment for
cosplayers and any harassment or unwanted solicitation towards cosplayers will not be tolerated. Any cosplayer who is
subjected to such behaviour from any attendee must immediately report such behaviour to FanCon staff or security personnel
where appropriate action will be taken.
14. Photography. Please respect the rights of any attendee, cosplayer, or exhibitor (and their stand) who expressly do not wish
to be photographed.
15. Vendor merchandise. Vendors and exhibitors may not sell or promote any illegal, unauthorised, unlicensed, bootleg, or
knockoff products and merchandise. This includes the prohibition of selling “grey” products. Any vendor found to sell such
product will risk the confiscation of their product without recompense, and may be ejected from the convention by authorised
16. Exhibitor stands. Exhibitor stands, along with their product, may not exceed the limits of their allocated stand space.
Exhibitor product must not interfere with or obstruct neighbouring stand space.
17. Exhibitor subletting. Exhibitors and vendors may not sublet their allocated stand space, or parts thereof, to unauthorised
parties unless prior arrangement has been made with the organisers.
18. Vendor indemnity. Vendors and exhibitors indemnify the organisers against any loss or damage of merchandise or product.
Vendors trade with their goods at own risk and take full responsibility for their goods within their space.
19.Vendor refunds. There are no refunds on vendor/exhibitor deposits after 1 April 2016.
20. Unauthorised advertising. No party or individual may advertise/market/promote any product or business without
authorisation to do so from the organisers. This includes the dissemination of flyers, posters or any similar materials. Anyone
found to do so will be instructed by the organisers to desist immediately, and may be ejected from the convention by security
21.Cosplay Policy and Rules. Please refer to the Cosplay tab on the website for full cosplay competition details and rules.
22.The organisers reserve the right to amend, update, or modify these rules and policies as required.